Investing in warehouses can be a very profitable venture in real estate. There is always a necessity for warehouse space regardless the company that needs it. However, how exactly does one spot out the things that make one warehouse property more valuable than the other? Here, we’ll go into the insider tips that professionals use when deciding where to invest their money in the warehouse business.
Things to Watch for When Investing in Warehouses
All professionals regardless of industry have things that make properties more valuable than others. When they notice these things, it means that it will require less time and money to either replace, create or input these devices. Here are a few of the different things warehouse tenants are looking for:
- Sprinkler Systems – Regardless the reason for the warehouse, fire prevention is of the upmost importance. A warehouse without a sprinkler system is begging for potential loss of inventory and could end up being a mandatory requirement for certain types of storage facilities.
- Solar Energy Potential – As energy conservation begins to be more and more valuable, industrial warehouse tenants are going to be looking for ways to save money. Solar energy has become one of the largest forms of renewable energy in the world and its continuing to become bigger over time.
- High Ceilings – This one is a no-brainer. Most warehouses are going to be used for large amounts of storage, heavy equipment and machinery. All of these require high ceilings for the use of transportation technology to easily maneuver the facility.
- Amount & Size of Doors – Many transportation facilities have trucks entering and leaving the warehouse constantly. In order for this process to run as quickly and as smoothly as possible, the amount and size of doors will be considered.
- Parking Space – Warehouse facilities are home to tons of warehouse employees. Having large amounts of parking spaces allows for not only a large staff, but the ease of access for them and any trucks you have moving throughout the facility.